Sunday, March 23, 2014
Only In America!
I Interesting-in case you guys have not seen this:
Canadian’s Version of David Letterman’s Top 10. This is Canada’s Top Ten List of America’s Stupidity. Of course we look like idiots . . .
because we are
10) Only in America … could politicians talk about the greed of the rich at a $35,000.00 a plate campaign fund-raising event.
9) Only in America … could people claim that the government still discriminates against black Americans when they have a black President, a black Attorney General and roughly 20% of the federal work force is black while only 14% of the population is black.
40+% of all federal entitlements go to black Americans — 3X the rate that go to whites, 5X the rate that go to Hispanics!
8) Only in America … could they have had the two people most responsible for our tax code, Timothy Geithner (the head of the Treasury Department) and Charles Rangel (who once ran the Ways and Means Committee), BOTH turn out to be tax cheats who are in favor of higher taxes.
7) Only in America … can they have terrorists kill people in the name of Allah and have the media primarily react by fretting that Muslims might be harmed by the backlash.
6) Only in America … would they make people who want to legally become American citizens wait for years in their home countries and pay tens of thousands of dollars for the privilege, while they discuss letting anyone who sneaks into the country illegally just ‘magically’ become American citizens.
5) Only in America … could the people who believe in balancing the budget and sticking by the country’s Constitution be thought of as “extremists.”
4) Only in America … could you need to present a driver’s license to cash a check or buy alcohol, but not to vote.
3) Only in America … could people demand the government investigate whether oil companies are gouging the public because the price of gas went up when the return on equity invested in a major U.S. oil company (Marathon Oil) is less than half of a company making tennis shoes (Nike).
2) Only in America … could the government collect more tax dollars from the people than any nation in recorded history, still spend a Trillion dollars more than it has per year – for total spending of $7-Million PER MINUTE, and complain that it doesn’t have nearly enough money.
1) Only in America … could the rich people – who pay 86% of all income taxes – be accused of not paying their “fair share” by people who don’t pay any income taxes at all
11.) Only in America do we demand that we be able to kills complete innocents whenever we want-to, but protest when a convicted murderer is sentenced to death.
12.) Only in America do we spend more per student than any other nation on Earth, but complain that our poor state of education is because we lack funding.
13.) Only in America would they give a drill sergeant life in prison because his ‘consensual sex’ with a trainee was considered rape given the influence he had over her, but consider ‘consensual sex’ between the President of the United States and one of his interns a ‘private matter’.
14.) Only in America is a woman who has been married-to, and true-to, the same man her entire adult life called a #$%$, and a woman who has so many different sexual encounters that she spends $3000.00/ yr on birth control is considered virtuous.
15.) Only in America do they think AIDS is caused by poverty.
16.) Only in America do the people that fly around on private jets get to tell other people to use one sheet of toilet paper to help the environment.
17.) Only in America do people think folks should be allowed to Euthanize themselves if they want-to, but they should not be allowed to put salt on their food or drink large sodas.
18.) Only in America do we think fat people on Welfare are underfed.
19.) Only in America do we consider the primary purpose of the military to be to conduct social experiments.
20.) Only in America do we complain jobs are all being sent overseas while we threaten to increase what are already the highest corporate taxes in the industrialized world.